Permanent position • Competitive salary
Playsport Games is looking for a highly organised and outgoing Office Assistant to join the team in our Guildford Office.
This is a full-time position, please apply only if you have the right to work in the UK.
- Maintaining an amazing office environment! Ensuring a highly efficient and enjoyable working environment for all Playsport staff and visitors. This means ensuring that the office is maintained to a high standard, well equipped, and properly stocked at all times.
- Office space planning and constantly adapting our space to suit the business needs.
- Operating the office budget managing office costs and ensuring that we always achieve best value for money.
- Employee experience – working closely with the People & Organisation team to organise events and promote initiatives for the office that help us to deliver our target employee experience.
- Coordination of front office activities, including first point of contact for visitors, callers and therefore upholding the brand image.
- Greet visitors and making them welcome and making sure their visit is totally seamless.
- Maintain office correspondence, including sending and receiving post, and routine electronic correspondence.
- Assist the People & Organisation team with the on-boarding of all new starters and the departure process for any leavers.
- Owning the relationship with all 3rd party contractors providing services to the offices in order to ensure high standard and cost-effective services are being delivered; e.g. cleaning,
- maintenance, IT support, a/c, power, security systems, deliveries etc.
- Manage the relationship with the landlord and property management company to ensure that all parties operate within the terms and conditions of the leases.
- Responsible for Health and Safety and employee wellbeing, ensuring the office is compliant with all current legislation on behalf of the Directors.
- Providing adequate Fire Safety and First Aid cover for the office and the team; including attending and/or organising relevant training.
- Responsible for the Security of the office; including physical and electronic security systems as well as implementing company security policies and ensuring suitable insurances are in place. This includes being on-call should issues arise.
- Working in conjunction with the Group IT Manager, the issuing, assisting and accounting of
- company property including laptops, mobile phones, software etc.
- Setting up, and management of meeting room facilities including video telephone conferencing systems.
- Manage all travel arrangements, including flights, transportation, accommodation for employees in the office, and visitors from other offices.
- General office administration such as: Stocktaking and ordering of all office supplies
- Ordering of drinks, fruit and snacks, ensuring stock is maintained
- Organising and handling the office recycling needs
- Scanning, photocopying and filing and other associated office tasks
Skills & Experience
Skills & Experience
We’re looking for an exceptionally hard-working person who wants to be in a job and team that they love and who is passionate and dedicated to their work. The ideal candidate will be a sociable, charismatic and fun individual who constantly strives to deliver the best standards for the benefit of both themselves and their colleagues. The following skills or experiences are required:
- Demonstrable experience of previous office or facilities management
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal) and an ability to build relationships quickly and motivate people
- Excellent organisational skills
- Calm, flexible and approachable attitude, able to work under pressure
- Proactive and methodical approach, always using initiative
- Friendly, confident, articulate, courteous, and professional at all times
- High level of integrity and discretion when dealing with confidential or sensitive topics
- A creative and innovative mind
- Good computer skills, experienced using MS Office; Outlook, Word, Excel etc.
- Very good general IT knowledge, skills and understanding.
The following skills are desirable, but not essential:
- A member of the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM)
- Qualified in Health and Safety (preferably IOSH)
- Trained office First Aider/Fire Marshall
- Passion for mobile and online games and the internet in general
We put our hearts in to everything that we do.
We promote creativity.
We are highly-productive and self-accountable.
It’s important— dare we even say essential —to have some fun at work.