join our team
Our most valuable asset is and will always be our team. We firmly believe that the best games are made by the best teams. Our colleagues are highly productive, self-accountable, and most of all great fun to be around.
We are always looking for great people to join our team, if that sounds like you have a look below at all of the positions we currently have open. If you can’t see a position that’s right for you, we welcome speculative applications.
Playsport Games is looking for an experienced Game Designer to join our friendly games studio based in Guildford.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your free-to-play design career in mobile: help create new games and work on highly successful live games at a leading games studio.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Design gameplay experiences and game features that deliver strong player engagement, retention, and monetisation.
- Create game content to delight players, and design and balance in-game economies to maximise game performance.
- Write, review and give feedback on game/feature design documents, builds, and plans.
- Participate as a key member of the production team focused on creative elements to guide projects from concept to launch and beyond.
- Support the rest of the team throughout the product lifecycle with subject-matter expertise on mobile & social game design.
- Brainstorming as a team and designing solutions when development teams run into challenges and need additional creative assistance.
Skills & Experience
We’re looking for a social, hard-working person who enjoys working in team with other people and is passionate and dedicated about his/her work. The ideal candidate will be strongly skilled in the following:
- Experience designing F2P and/or micro-transaction-based published titles, preferably on mobile.
- Strong knowledge of the mobile & social game space, with exceptional understanding of current design techniques to deliver excellent engagement, retention, and monetisation.
- Strong grasp of mobile user-experience design, and ability to consider & empathise with many different types of players.
- Creative problem solver, with proven ability to create compelling gameplay.
- Relentlessly self-critical: always sees the pros and cons of each approach, and works tirelessly to improve design solutions. Prolific with high quality, well-thought-through proposals.
- Able to balance between innovation and setting reasonable goals.
- Drive, initiative and an ability to self-manage and prioritise effectively.
- Great collaborator, with superb written and oral communication skills.
The following skills are desirable but not essential:
- Highly numerate, with a solid mathematical background, and experience designing virtual currencies and managing in-game economies.
Who we are
Playsport Games is a supportive and friendly games studio based in Guildford, where everyone plays a full and active role in developing top quality games!
We’re the creator of Motorsport Manager, a #1 game on the App Store and a top rated game on Steam.
We’re a passionate and hardworking team with a single aim: making top quality sports games.
As a small team, Playsport is a perfect place for talented developers. We’re looking for people who are excited to get close to the action and want to be deeply involved in the development of a quality game.
We’ve just moved into brand new custom built studio space in the heart of Guildford. It’s posh and there are plenty of nice pubs nearby.
- 25 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays
- Bright, comfy studio space in the heart of Guildford, the geekily glamorous Hollywood of games, just half an hour by train from central London
- Regular outings, games/pub evenings and ad hoc socials
- Endless supplies of tasty snacks (varying degrees of healthiness)
- Daily trailblazing with a humble, hardworking team of good humans
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cash Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Critical Illness Cover
- Cycle to Work Scheme
There are also plenty of other benefits from working for Playsport! We firmly believe that a creative and professional working environment should also be fun. We always have fridges stocked with complimentary drinks, regular deliveries of fresh fruit and snacks for all staff. Along with regular staff outings.
If this sounds like the role and environment for you then please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV along with a cover letter.
Before you apply, please keep in mind that this role is a full-time, permanent position based at our office in Guildford, UK, and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
permanent positionWe are always on the look-out for talented individuals to join our team! If you think that you’d be a good fit then we’d love to hear from you. Send an email with your CV and a covering letter.
it to the
Playsport games is a small team located in Guildford, UK. We are proud to be the leading developer in our field.
We have a supportive and friendly studio culture where everyone plays a full and active roll in developing top quality games!